Welcome to the December 1998 issue of
The Guild Companion
Table of Contents
- Words from the Wise (Guys) - Nicholas HM Caldwell
The General Editor introduces The Guild Companion and invites you to submit material for publication.
- The Distaff Perspective - Laura Trauth
Laura leads us to better role-playing by exploring the stereotypes.
- Alternative Experience Guidelines - Joel Lovell
Finding it difficult or tedious to calculate experience awards? This alternative scheme emphasises goals, achievements and role-playing.
- Table of Feudal Titles - Lowell R Matthews et al.
A comprehensive listing of feudal titles - essential for the GM who desires a more distinctive noble hierarchy.
- The Ring - Suzanne Searle
Travel to the Shadow World in the company of the adventuress Ceyenna (Fiction)
- Storm King : Opening Moves (Episodes 1 & 2) - David Mullin
A young man's progress in the discovery of his psychic abilities and his entry into the secret world of the Psi adepts. (Fiction)
- Storm King : Opening Moves (Episode 3) - David Mullin
The story continues ... will our hero join the secret Order? Will he be allowed to choose? (Fiction)
- Okaji and The Ashedo - Brian Potter
Introducing the Ashedo, sentinels from beyond the grave. (RM2)
- An Introduction to The World of Novi - Lowell R Matthews
This article also contains a map of the World of Novi. (RM2)
- The Cosmology of Novi - Lowell R Matthews
The Story of Creation and the Pantheon of Novi. (RM2)
- Catalyst Record Sheet - RC Kirkland, Jnr.
Rescued from the cutting room floor, this custom sheet makes recording possession and use of catalysts much easier. (RMSS)
- Language Record Sheet - RC Kirkland, Jnr.
For Nomenist spell users, this custom sheet simplifies language and Primal Tongue tracking. (RMSS)
- Paraphernalia of the Prognosticators - RC Kirkland, Jnr.
Additional equipment for spell users and others with special needs. (RMSS)
- Land Costs - RC Kirkland, Jnr.
Guidelines for faster calculation of the costs of land and buildings. (RMSS)
- Two Training Packages - Nicholas HM Caldwell
Also rescued from the cutting room floor, the Shapeshifter and the Tutor training packages.
- Interface - Michael A Bott
The first instalment of our series on adapting RMSS to the cyberpunk genre. First download covers skills appropriate to this dark future. (RMSS)
- Character Backgrounds - Tim Dugger
Bring three dimensions to your characters by judicious background building. (RMSS)
- Frequently Asked Questions - Various
And more importantly Answers to those questions! (RMSS)
- Fate Points - Nicholas HM Caldwell
An alternative scheme for fate points resolution. (RMSS)
- The World of Aernth - Aaron Smalley
The first instalment of our featured RMSS campaign world. In this issue, we explore the city of Argentum. (RMSS)
- Evolution of the Game - Russ Miller
A gentle introduction to the base sets and expansions which form the Middle Earth Collectible Card Game. (MECCG)
- A Lord of Middle-Earth - Joe Mandala
Each issue, we will bring you a writeup of an NPC or Character in the style of ICE's Lords of Middle Earth. (Middle-Earth : MERP/RMSS)
- People of Middle-Earth - Joe Mandala
An entry from the continuing work on the upcoming Races & Cultures: Middle-Earth, courtesy of the author. This material is very much a "work in progress", and changes will occur between this and the final published form. We present this issue the Adolescence Skill Chart. (Middle-Earth : RMSS)
- Death on the wing - Joe Mandala
A Ready to Run Adventure set in Middle-Earth. (Middle-Earth : MERP/RMSS)
- In The Future - Russ Miller
An introduction to the universe of Silent Death. (Silent Death)