|Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 12:30 pm: |
I've created a mailing list dedicated to work around new merp modules (adventures, region sourcebook, timelines), in northwestern Middle Earth and also in every quarter of Middle Earth. This mailing list has as purpose to complete the unfinished work of ICE. If you have some stuff, please share it with us. If you want to contribute, then subscribe to the mailing list.
Do you wrote for instance something intersting stuff about Womaw lands, Ruurik or the Orocarni mountains ?
If so, please contact me or in the merp mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you want to have more precisions about merp projects, and perhaps the new modules themselves.
Post message: email@example.com
List owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are what is done :
Only existent on notes through the LOME series, I've first created the history of these realms, including nasty or not so bad Numenoreans (a Bellakar cousin realm, Anarikê - and the evil Sakal an-Khâr empire), Vulmaw and Lynerians (and many other cultures). I've created a precise timeline about all major events on Ormal Bay. There are the races section (elven races, Mablad and Thelor's dwarves, about 20 human races, orcs). Several new regions and realms had been created in the process, in order to fill the map with interesting realms, a potential source for good adventures. Fauna & Flora is nearly finished. The geography is less more advanced, but the Southern Archipelago is entirely described. More precisions about Harshandatt, Chyan Empire (and the needs)
Harshandatt needs (similar to Egyptia) :
- the cities are more or less described. But perhaps I left some interesting buildings aside ? There's a need for plans.
- I've written about one particular locations (the fortresses of Harshandatt, near the Chyan frontier). Perhaps there are other interesting locations, propicious to adventures. One such location planned is _the Valley of the Nhazadh_ (derivated from the Egyptian King valley), but there could be as well particular oases, ruined cities, and so on.
- figures of notes (Aransiros, Laekor ...)
- the main institutions of the realm (Legion Guards, the Guilds ..., a maritime organization ...)
- a particular temple of a deity (Saath, Harackt ...). How the cult is seen in the different cities ?
As well, you could read one chosen city, and during the reading, ask yourself what would be needed for that city that is not written. Is this the suburbs, the walls surrounding the city, the important inhabitants of the city (the governor, the militia, the traders, the noble families), in a similar way than EJ when beginning to add details on Tenolkachyn.
Chyan Empire needs (similar to Persia) :
It is approximatively the same for the Chyan empire.
- cities to more detail, a need for plans,
- the capital city of Pelepelplû and Samarth to entirely describe
- particular interesting locations, such as the Nevazar tomb (you know, one of the Sauron's Mouth) and others...
- figures of notes
- the main organizations of the realm
- the One true God cult
- military affairs, trade, of the Chyan Empire.
For the other lands of Ormal Bay, it is less detailed. Only the timeline, the geography section, the names of the cities.
We have :
Codya : a once Vulmaw colony, more or less based on the Indonesian/Chinese
Balkuloni / Lynerian League : like the free greek cities
Zurghor : an horrible jungle
Sakal an-Khar : a melt between Etruscans and Carthaginois
Anarikê : Roman/Byzantium rule
BELLAKAR (south of Gondor)
First published in Other Hands 29/30 (contact Chris Seeman on the merp ml (email@example.com) in a southern issue (with Mumakan material in it, and a new alternative middle map, correcting the problems of the original ICE map), the issue revealed the history of this southern realm up to 1436 TA. Then Bellakar history is published in the Guild companion (history up to 1641 TA).
I am working now on the principal races of the realm, mainly the Bellakaze, the Bellanarod, the Tedjin, the Sorijan, the Qarsag, the elves. Fauna & Flora, a guide of Bellakar (covering the important cities of the realm, like Hazaj Tollin, Ûrezayan and Nîlûlondê, Korlea and other cities) which need a strong revision.
TULWANG ANBALUKKHOR SEVEN LANDS
I am in the process of creating the main population of Tulwang, Anbalukkhôr (the land of Stormking Akhorahil), Kharadune and the Seven Lands, in order to fill the gaps in the already existent "Shadow in the South" module. This is not yet finished.
I have also written a preliminary history guideline, but this will change when races description is complete.
There is much to do there :
- the cities of Tulwang and Anbalukkhôr
- adding new background to already described cities of Seven Lands
- finishing the geography of Tulwang and Anbalukkhôr
- the main organisations of the realms
- political, warfare
- interesting npcs.
- interesting locations propicious to adventures.
And for Tulwang and Anbalukkor, there is very little new material created.
There are far more projects currently under way. A little selection of them
FAR NORTH AND ILLUIN BAY
One member of the mailing list has made available a general document about Far North (including history, the main regions, the people, the geography), along with a clearly detailed map. He made Urd and Luindor. I suggest to work on surrounding lands, such as Avikangsdar, Uab, Angclax and Shartax. There are also some notes about the Bay of Illuin
There are also work to do in Womaw/Lochan lands, and in Northwestern Middle Earth, adventures …
|Posted on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 4:17 pm: |
What's happened to MERP.COM?