1. Alter Aura: Target appears either more powerful or weaker than he actually is. The target receives a +5 or -5 to his DB.
2. Alter Light: The area of effect is illuminated as if it were daytime or is completely dark.
3. Alter Fate: Target creature's next die roll either has +1 or -1 added to it. Treat the new value as the unmodified result. (Thus a 65 + 1 would be an unmodified 66).
4. Alter Temperature: The temperature in the area of effect is increased or decreased by 1 degree per level of the caster.
5. Alter Speed: Target creature either doubles or halves his available percentage of activity per round. The duration is 1 round per five levels.
6. Alter Luck: Target creature receives either a -1 penalty per level of the caster or a +1 bonus per level of the caster to all static and moving maneuvers.
7. Alter Strike: Target's next non-spell attack is modified by plus or minus 50.
8. Alter Wind: The wind speed is increased or decreased 1 mile per hour.
9. Alter Spell: Target's next attack spell is modified by plus or minus 50.
10. Alter Corruption: Target either gains or loses 3 corruption points.
11. Alter Resistance: Target creature's next resistance roll receives either a -1 penalty per level of the caster or a +1 bonus per level of the caster.
12. Alter Enchantment: Target objects enchantment bonus is increased or decreased by 1 per level of the caster.
13. Alter Level: Target creature's level is increased or decreased by 2 for the duration.
14. Alter Mana: Target's next spell requires either triple the normal power points or one-third the normal power points.
15. Alter Power: Target creature either regains 3d10 Power Points or loses 3d10 Power Points. For each additional Power Point spent, the target regains or loses an additional Power Point.
16. Alter Duration: All active spells on the target have their duration doubled or halved.
17. Alter Fate: Target creature's next static or moving maneuver is modified by plus or minus 1d100 (open-ended).
18. Ryft's Confusion: As any one Alter spell on this list that is less than or equal to half of the caster's level (rounded down), except for the area of effect. Each target's result must be resolved individually.
19. Unorder: For the duration of the spell, target creature of "Order" loses all power points and does not regain any until the spell is cancelled or expires.
20. Chaotic Alteration: Target is affected by 1d10 random Alter spells of level 12 or lower (from this this list).
25. Alter Fortune: Target creature's next static or moving maneuver is treated as an unmodified 100 or 01.
30. Touch of Ryft: As any lower level Alter spell, except for the area of effect. Each target must be resolved seperately.
50. Hand of Ryft: Caster may use any of the lower level spells on this list, once per round.
Alter x spells have two possible results. The caster specifies the desired effect. A d100 (open-ended) is rolled, adding fifty plus the caster's level to the roll. If the result is over 100 then the desired effect occurs, otherwise the opposite effect occurs.
All spells on this list have a -10 to resist their effects due to the extremely random nature.
All of these spells can be detected by a successful Reality Awareness static maneuver.