The Lord of the RingsTM Roleplaying Adventure Game in Stores This Month!
DECIPHER® RPG AND MINIATURES STUDIO
253 granby street • norfolk, virginia 23510 - 1813
phone • 757.623.3600 • fax 757.623.3630
norfolk • denver • los angeles
The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Adventure Game, the first of Decipher's roleplaying games (RPGs) for New Line Cinema's epic trilogy adventure, The Lord of the Rings, will hit stores internationally on January 30, offering both RPG and movie fans around the world the excitement and exhilaration that Tolkien's Hobbits, Dwarves, and Men face as they journey through the mythic expanses of Middle-earth.
"The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Adventure Game is an entry level RPG that will appeal to gaming novices and Tolkien fans who are not gamers. Experienced gamers will see it as an invaluable resource for entry into Tolkien's world," shares Christian Moore, head of the Decipher RPG Studio.
This introduction to roleplaying games includes a complete adventure narrative, Through the Mines of Moria, drawn from The Fellowship of the Ring(TM), the first film of the trilogy. Players who choose to travel Through the Mines of Moria assume the roles of the members of The Fellowship of the Ring, and relive their dangerous and legendary adventures. Through the Mines of Moria begins at the western doors leading into Moria, takes players through several encounters with servants of the Shadow, and culminates with a climactic battle against the dreaded Balrog.
The Lord of the Rings Adventure Game box contains:
- The 32-page Through the Mines of Moria adventure that takes players through the most stunning action sequence of the film.
- Welcome to Middle-earth, a 24-page guide to the lands and peoples of Middle-earth.
- What is Roleplaying, an explanation of the basic principles of roleplaying games.
- Full-color Character Sheets that include pictures and game data describing each character.
- Four full color Tactical Maps for use in the major action sequences of the adventure.
- Cut-outs of the characters and monsters in the adventure.
- A Poster Map of Middle-earth.
The Adventure Game will be followed up with a 300-page, full-color RPG core game in Spring 2002.
For more information contact Karen Levy at 757.664.1144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
©: 2002 New Line Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. TM The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises under license to New Line Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. TM, ® ©: 2002 Decipher Inc. All Rights Reserved.